Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

An AMAZING and INSPIRING transformation

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A YEAR MAKES! Meet one of our AMAZING and INSPIRING challengers - Melinda. This pretty lady has completely turned her health around in a year and is just such an inspiration. Hear what Melinda had to say about her inspiring journey!




"A year ago I was in a really bad place with my health and fitness. I was 160 lbs. and at 5ft 3in I was overweight according to all the health charts. - (I have never in my life been overweight, much less this big) My BMI was 28.3 - I had two abdominal surgeries in 2013. Three months after my first surgery I was down again having my second surgery. This surgery was more involved and the doctor told me 6 months for total healing. I was in considerable pain and discomfort for the first 4 months. Walking, sitting, bending, and even sleeping was painful. I found the best pain medication for me was comfort food. (aka - processed, sugary, junk food) I started outgrowing my clothes. Special events that came up during the year required shopping. I was buying larger sizes with each trip to the mall. My son experienced fatherhood with the birth of his first son just prior to my second surgery. I became a Grandmother! AND I felt my "WHY" holding my grandson the day he was born.
In December of 2013, I was 6 months post-op and cleared for exercising. (I was only allowed to walk up until this time, but did not even do that until 5 months post-op.) I was ready for a change. I was sick of feeling bad, looking horrible, and being overweight. My diet and inactivity was definitely a contributing factor. I began to evaluate my health. I have bad knees, osteoporosis of the spine and hip, lower back issues plus 2 surgeries in one year. I was done with all the bad feelings. My body was begging me to get rid of the excess weight, change my diet, start exercising and living! My fitness journey began in December with a 10-Day Shakeology challenge.  I began the "Slim in 6" program after the Shakeology challenge. In January of 2014 I started off the year with a 30 day Sugar Detox program. Mid February I began 2 Rounds of "The 21-Day Fix" followed in April beginning with "The Brazil Butt Lift" program. For the first time in my life I now feel in control of my health and fitness. I now exercise and eat healthy on a regular basis, with very few special occasion cheats.
My weight is now 122 lbs and my BMI is 21.6 - I have recently started my 4th and 5th programs with "PiYo" and "LM Pump" to help build strength and flexibility in my body. AND........ My son is getting married this October! This is such a special event that I have been looking forward to. I am now ready to go shopping with confidence for my "Mother of the Groom" dress! My journey is not ending with an event. It's just beginning! It's now for Life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment