Popular Posts

Saturday, April 5, 2014

A Girl and a Camera

So besides fitness and nutrition, another passion of mine is Photography.  I love pictures.  I wanted to try and get my very pregnant silhouette before our baby girl is out.  So I played around with shutter speed, lighting, and a timer (no one was around to take the picture).  I also used an App for some photo editing.  Here is the picture I made, at 38 weeks and some change pregnant:


So if you want to try and do this, here is what I did:

  • Wear all black form fitting clothing.  I pulled my hair up because it is long and wanted my body shape to stand out
  • Stand in front of a window with a good bit of natural light coming through it.  I pulled up the blinds and closed the very sheer curtains
  • Set up a camera with a timer or have someone else take the photo a good distance away and at around belly button to shoulder height on you
  • I tried to move my arms around so that you could see the curve of my back and my belly without my arms or hands in the way.  I will post some other versions I tried, but they aren't edited like this one.
  • I used the photo editing Apps:  Pic Stitch and A Beautiful Mess to play with the shadows, tone, etc.
    • Pic Stitch:  I made it monochrome (black and white filter), decreased the brightness, and increased the contrast
    • A Beautiful Mess:  I just used this to add the text
Here are some of the other poses, unedited:


So I may play around with these to get more silhouette shots, but try it out.  I think it will be neat to show to our little girl when she is old enough one day :-).


No comments:

Post a Comment