Popular Posts

Monday, March 24, 2014

Will Power is Crucial Grocery Shopping!

Seriously, will power when grocery shopping forces will power at home. Reaching health and fitness goals is honestly around 80% diet and 20% exercise. 




Little story for case and point: Last night I was CRAVING (I am almost 37 weeks pregnant, so it was pretty strong) something sweet and sugary, like a brownie with ice cream, haha. But we don't have anything like that around the house, so I had a grapefruit instead. And while not as indulgent or satisfying as a brownie a la mode, it satisfied my sweet tooth and I got the extra vitamins and nutrients from the fruit and didn't put a bunch of sugar into my body. I didn't have the will power to resist last night but our fridge and pantry really only have healthy food, so I didn't have to exercise much will power . My mojito inspired Shakeology shake helped too - my new favorite recipe .

Just a little tip, don't buy it if it is unhealthy or super processed. I will often look at the nutrition label when I am feeling naughty at the grocery store, which usually causes me to put it back on the shelf and not in my cart!

No comments:

Post a Comment