Popular Posts

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Clean Chicken Salad

Chicken Salad is delicious!  Unfortunately a lot of chicken salad you buy pre made has a lot of mayo or sugar, or both.  So here is how I make it!  I will make a lot at one time and then my husband and I will eat it throughout the week on salad, on Ezekiel bread, or by itself.

So I threw the chicken salad on top of some mixed greens and added 1/2 and avocado and 1/2 a tomato.  I threw on a little balsamic vinegar too - it was simply AMAZING!

TO MAKE THE CHICKEN SALAD:

INGREDIENTS
-Chicken breasts
-Greek yogurt (plain, nonfat)
-Mustard
-Grapes (halved - I usually use red)
-Chopped celery
-Chopped pecans
-Celery seed
-Salt and pepper
-Relish (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
1) Boil the chicken breasts in water until cooked through ( I usually reserve and refrigerate the "broth" made and use as chicken broth in other recipes - that way no preservatives, etc. and not wasting).
2) Shred the chicken and place in a bowl.
3) Add the other ingredients to taste.  Some people like it more dry, others like it moist, so I didn't put measurements.  People like different amounts of grapes, nuts, etc.  Just keep adding until it tastes how you want!  Refrigerate and enjoy!

If you need a reference, here are approximate measurements of what I use:

-Chicken breasts (3-4 breasts)
-Greek yogurt (2/3 - 1 cup)
-Mustard (1/3-1/2 cup)
-Grapes, halved (1 cup)
-Pecans, chopped (1/2-2/3 cup)
-Celery, chopped (1 cup)
-Celery seed ( 1 TBSP)
-Salt and Pepper (1 tsp each)
-Relish (1/4 cup)

ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment